1 head of garlic
3 tablespoons of salt
2 cups of rapeseed oil
1. Mince garlic in pestle and mortar. Place in small bowl and add water.
2. Add rapeseed oil to deep frying pan and place on high heat.
3. Peel eggplants with a striped pattern (keep some peel on the eggplant). Cut off top and bottom. Then cut strips a centimeter thick lengthwise. Sprinkle the eggplant slices with salt.
4. Place eggplant slices in the pan when oil begins to boil. Flip slice when underside is brown.
5. Once both sides are brown, strain slices. Let sit until room temperature. Before serving, pour garlic mixture over the eggplant.